Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blog #2


1. The story in Flaums article is about a wolf named Mumon. Mumon is one of few red wolves left in the wild. After being captured and released back in the wild for an experiment Mumon and the other wolves realize they’ve forgotten how to howl. Mumon goes on a journey to find his howl to save himself and the wolf pack. He goes through multiple obstacles to get his howl back. At the end of the journey Mumon gets it back. Flaums point in this story is that in order to get what we want or need we have to pay a price and do things that we may not want to. 

2.

When thinking of my favorite quote, poem, lyric, paragraph or story I cannot seem to pick one in particular that is my favorite. So to some this may not count or may be cheating but I am going to have to say that one of my favorite pieces that speaks to me as a person is the movie Forest Gumpp. There are many Situations and stories in Forest Gumpp that speak to me as a creative person and attributes to some of the work that I do. Also, the quotes in the movie add to my creative self as well.
To some the movie Forest Gumpp may not seem like a logical piece of work that speaks to my creative self, but in reality it really does. There are multiple things that can be taken from this movie that can add to my creative self. First I would like to focus on the many situations that Forrest goes through, and paired with that, the stories that he tells throughout the movie. Forrest does many things in his life and is put through many situations that can be relatable in many different ways. Even though I know that the movie isn’t based on a real life story, there is much to be taken from the lessons taught by these stories and situations. Love, strength, happiness, sadness, the list goes on! All of these things add to my creative self and give me inspirations for some of the things that I like to write about or talk about.
The second thing that can be taken from Forest Gumpp to add to my creative self is all of the quotes. To me Forest Gumpp is one of the most quote rich movies ever. There are multiple quotes from this movie that are said by people every day. Some of these include, “life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what your gonna get” and “stupid is as stupid does.” These are only a few of the quotes that can be taken from this movie to add to the creative self. Whenever I watch this movie I also seem to find new quote each time which adds to my self creativity. Focusing more on the quotes beyond the fact that they help with the creative person, they are also a way of motivation and inspiration. Some of the quotes from this film can be used to help in any kind of situation.
I know that the assignment said to choose a favorite quote, poem, lyric, paragraph and so on. But I feel that the choice of this movie is just as good as any of those, especially the movie that I chose. This movie adds to a lot of my creative self with the stories and situations throughout the entire movie and the quotes that are said from the numerous characters. The motivation and inspiration that I get from this movie adds to my creative self more then any lyric or single quote ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment